CEU Credits for Grief Talks Webinars
Free CEUs are available for those attending the Grief Talks webinars offered by the Highmark Caring Place. The CEUs are offered for those attending the webinars live on Zoom, and to those watching the recordings of past webinars through the CME website. Instructions for how to claim your CEU credits are below.
First Steps: Create Your Account
Regardless of whether you attend the webinar live or watch the recording, these preliminary steps must be taken if you want CEUs. The steps involve creating an account with the CME, completing your profile, and adding your mobile phone number.
These first steps need to be done only one time.
These steps can be completed at any time before the webinar which you want to receive credit for (i.e., before the live webinar if that's what you want credit for, or before watching the recording if your CEUs will be for that.)
Create your account
- Go to the Allegheny Health Network CME webpage (https://cme.ahn.org/)
- Select "Register" at the top of the page
- Create your username and password, and complete all the boxes that have an asterisk
- When finished, select "Create New Account"
Complete your profile
- On the website, click on LOGIN, enter your username & password, and you'll get to the Homepage
- Follow these links: My Account > Edit > Profile
- Complete all boxes with an asterisk > Save
Add your mobile phone number
NOTE: You MUST enter your cellphone number if you want to get CEUs for attending a live webinar. To get credit, you must text a unique code to the CME phone number on the day of the webinar. Your phone number must be in the system for you to receive credit when you text the code in.
- Follow these links: My Account > Edit > Mobile > add mobile number > Confirm number > Enter the confirmation code sent by SMS to your mobile phone > Enter confirmation code > Confirm number
Attend Live Webinar & Gain CEU Credit
Watch Webinar Live
- Go back to the "Grief Talks" page on this website
- Click on the link of the webinar you want to attend
- Follow the bit.ly link or QR Code on the invitation to the Registration Page
- Fill out the information on the Registration Page and click "Register"
- You will then receive a Zoom invitation in your email for this webinar; click on the Zoom link at the date and time of the webinar
Claim CEU Credit for Live Webinar Attendance
- During the live webinar, the presenter will provide you with that webinar's unique Attendance Code
- Text that code to the CME phone number: 412-301-9919
- Remember, you MUST have previously registered your mobile phone number with the CME in order for you to receive this credit. See the "First Steps: Create Your Account" section above for details on how to register your phone number.
- The code will expire at midnight on the day of the webinar
Watch Recording of Past Webinar, Complete Evaluation and Claim CEU Credit
If you watch a recorded version of a webinar, these are the steps you must take to claim your CEU credit.
(NOTE: If you do not need CEUs, go to the "Grief Talks" page and click on the title of the webinar you're seeking. This will allow you to watch the YouTube video without going through all the other steps needed for obtaining CEUs.)
Watch Recorded Webinar for CEU Credit
- Log into your CME account (https://cme.ahn.org/)
- On the CME page
- Search for the title of the webinar you want to watch
- Click on the webinar title that includes "Enduring Material" at the end
- On the next screen that appears, look for "Course Summary" on the right, and click on "Take Course" in a green box below that
- Watch webinar
Claim CEU Credit for Watching Recorded Webinar
- After you have finished the webinar
- Click Evaluation tab > Start > Complete Evaluation > Click Submit
- Click Credit tab > Start > Enter the amount of credits to claim > Click Submit
Access your transcript/certificate of CEU credit
- My Account > My Activities
- First check the "Pending Activities" tab to see if there is anything you still need to complete
- Update anything necessary
- Back to My Activities
- Go to "Completed Activities"
- My Account > My Transcript > Certificate > Download
- Save or print as needed
For any questions about the CEUs, or about accessing the CME in general, please contact Bernice Sulkowski, Coordinator of Continuing Medical Education, Allegheny Health Network, at Bernice.Sulkowskit@ahn.org.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit TM
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the essential areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through joint providership of Allegheny General Hospital and Highmark Caring Place. Allegheny General Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Allegheny General Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5. AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CE for Psychologists
Allegheny Health Network is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. Allegheny Health Network maintains responsibility for the program and its content. This course is approved for 1.5 APA Credits.
CE for Social Workers
Social Workers may claim credits for attending educational courses and programs delivered by pre-approved providers, such as the American Psychological Association (refer to CE for Psychologists above). For verification, please refer to Continuing Education Regulations §47.36 #(6) (ix) found at www.dos.state.pa.us/social. Certificates of attendance will be awarded following the conference provided a completed evaluation form is submitted.