Suggested Group(s): Middle/Teen
Purpose: To demonstrate the weight of carrying feelings and the benefit of sharing your feelings in a supportive presence.
Task/need: Moving towards the pain of the loss, continued support
Activity Setup Ideas:
- Talk to the group to reinforce that the Caring Place is a safe place where all feelings can be discussed.
- Reinforce that the group is here in support of one another and that everyone in the group is here for a similar reason.
- Rocks with feelings words painted on them
- Pass the backpack full of the feelings rocks around to allow each group member to have a chance to feel its weight.
- Next have the group work together to hold the backpack. Discuss how sharing the weight can make the load easier.
- Open the backpack and discuss the feelings rocks inside:
- What feelings have you been carrying around?
- Have the group brainstorm ways they can feel supported in carrying their feelings.